Minutes from Order of the "C" and WAA meeting
November 11, 2000, Quad Club
Back to the Current Minutes
"C" and WAA Faculty Breakfast
- Date to be set for winter quarter, depends on when we schedule
event with president Randal.
- Increase cohesion between both sides for planning. Set up
coordination committees (WAA & "C") and hold a meeting to discuss
of the event.
- Establish faculty invite list.
Joint Event with President Randal
- Date based on when the president has time. Try for an hour of his
time because we probably can't get much more.
Nick's notes on our Agenda
- Study break for freshman athletes during reading period: spread
the word on
email and make sure coaches are encouraging their players to attend.
- 3 on 3 b-ball tournament January 6th
*Used to start IM basketball season
*Possible women's bracket
- Meeting with Graduate Order of the "C"
*Help them establish better organization which will foster
a better relaionship and more support.
Dana's notes on WAA: suggestions for the year
- Increase involvement in community service
- Increase responsibility for reps
- Promote awareness among athletes
- Increase involvement of students at athletic events
- Phoenix Freaks: Organization establish to spark interest in
athletics and increase attendance at home games.
- Establish a mailing letter that goes home to parents, keeping
them updated on Chicago athletic news, WAA and Order of the "c"
- Plan WAA & "C" social event: possibly paintball
Increasing support in athletic community
- Special support dates
- Social function among all athletes
- Some sort of recreational athletic competition involving all of
- Plan for the spring because the event can be outside
- Have coaches push the event to the athletes
- Maybe surround the athletic event with a BBQ or some other
- Maybe start with an event in the winter with just "C" and WAA reps
build on that to incorporate all the athletes in the spring.
Hall of Fame Committee
- A section of the new facility will be used for the athletic hall
- Initial innaugral class to be inducted when the Ratner Center is
- Committee to select around 3-4 each year
Henry Crown Renovation
- Entrance to be changed to other side so it will be closer to the
- Maintain training room in HCFH and redue the locker rooms
- Construction may start before the new facility is finished...TBA