Order of the "C" executive board meeting with WAA
February 1, 2001
- Update of all Sports
- Baseball: Florida trip at the end of the quarter.
- Wrestling: Won UAA as a team at recent meet, 5 individual UAA
- Soccer: Raffel tickets on sale for trip to England and Scotland.
- Track: Placed second at last week's meet.
UAA meet coming up soon.
- Tennis: Practice begins this week.
- Football: Just held annual awards banquet. Coach Brann has
accepted head coaching job at a school in Minnesota.
- OOC Banquet Highlight Tape
- Fall Sports teams should begin to put highlights together for the
Spring awards banquet. Winter and Spring sports should think
about getting some competition footage on camera so we will have
material to put on the tape.
- Faculty Breakfast
- The event went well despite smaller attendance from the faculty.
- In the future, maybe try double invitations. Send a letter
notifying the person of the event and follow that up with a
formal invitation. Also, try setting the date earlier to give
them more advanced notice and request an RSVP.
- We need to keep up the good job we've been doing
recently. Concessions ran smoothly at the last home basketball
- Coach O'C has a list of things we need to do in order to keep the
concessions in our hands.
- Ideas added at the meeting: expand menu (pizza?), take a
detailed inventory before and after, HCFH staff needs to be a
little bit more helpful with setting up and needs to be more
readily available during the games.
- What events due we need to work? -> All home basketball games,
selected wrestling and track meets, selected spring events.
- Athletic Promotions
- Coaching staff has been working to improve promotions of athletic
teams and events.
- Should we focus on athletes or all students?
- IDEAS TO IMPROVE SPORTS PROMOTIONS:
- Weekly bulletin email of upcming event sent to all athletes and
possibly all students.
- Athletics link appearing on front page of the university web
- Continue working with Graduate OOC to contact Alumni.
- Advertising away from HCFH: Reynolds Club, Cobb, Dorms, etc.
- Need to promote athletics at Orientation: Distribute t-shirts,
cups, schedules, etc. to go with other information received by
all freshman students.
- *The biggest problem is the lack of knowledge of Athletics here at the
university, not just the lack of interest.
- The coaching staff is working to get a budget together just for
- IDEAS FROM COACHING STAFF:
- Designated area on campus displaying all upcoming events.
- Regular emails describing upcoming events. Something
that is sent out on the same day on a weekly basis.
- Get away from one-event activites to focus on steady
- Tie in fall athletic event with Orientation.
- "Adopt-a-Team"= Each team will adopt another atheltic
team that they will support throughout the
season. (example: football would attend all of the home
- Thursday, February 8 there is a WAA/OOC lunch @ Quad Club.
- Next Meeting: Thursday, February 15 in HCFH @ 7:00